Wednesday, January 9, 2008

THIS VARIABLE IS UNINITIALIZED

THIS VARIABLE IS UNINITIALIZED


Sometimes when one is coding a specified data set structure,
some of the variables will be uninitialized. This results in the SAS Log message similar to:

NOTE: Variable z is uninitialized.

This is not acceptable if one is a member of the “Clean SAS Log”
club.

data … ;
attrib

;
%* prevent NOTE: Variable ***** is uninitialized.
messages ;
retain _character_ ‘’ _numeric_ . ;
stop ;
run ;


Richard supplied the following caution for his trick: “Only use this
with impunity when creating a zero rowed table of desired structure
as set forth in prior attrib statements(s).”

Source:http://www.bassettconsulting.com/CC014.pdf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep working ,great job!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I contemplate the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.